WELCOME TO U3A MORELAND
What is U3A Moreland?
U3A Moreland is short for University of the Third Age Moreland.
U3As are voluntary Seniors Groups that provide educational, recreational and social programs. University is used in its original sense; that is, a community of learners sharing knowledge with one another. Each U3A is organised by and for people who can best be described as being active in retirement or semi-retirement, the third age of our lives.
U3A programs offer non-competitive learning without qualifications or exams. We enable members to explore new fields, ideas and activities.
Participation in U3A is very low cost because all classes and activities are led by volunteer members and all administration is done by volunteers. Costs are kept low to ensure that U3A is accessible to all.
U3A Moreland belongs to the umbrella organisation U3A Network Victoria, and is part of the international University of the Third Age movement founded in France in 1972.
- To create an ongoing voluntary community in Moreland that provides social and intellectual stimulus for retired and semi-retired people 50 years and older
- To establish educational, cultural and physical programs in which members can be both teacher and student enabling them to keep mentally and physically active
- To encourage all members to contribute their time and talents to assist with the running of U3A Moreland and to volunteer as tutors and group leaders
- To offer life-long learning opportunities and promote healthy ageing in a friendly, co-operative and enjoyable environment
- To engage with and work along-side other community groups
U3A Moreland embraces the Moreland suburbs of Brunswick, Brunswick East, Brunswick West, Coburg, Coburg North, Fawkner, Glenroy, Gowanbrae, Hadfield, Oak Park, Pascoe Vale and Pascoe Vale South. Small sections of Fitzroy North and Tullamarine are also part of Moreland.
While members are usually residents of Moreland, other third-aged people are welcome.